Lil mosey appeared in Lewis County Superior Court in Washington yesterday and pleaded not guilty on a second degree rape charge stemming from an incident last year.
Amy Muth and Jennifer Atwood, lawyers for the rapper, born Lathan Echols, maintain the innocence of their client. The lawyers said XXL in a statement issued Tuesday, April 27, “Lathan has never been arrested and has never been on the run. He only learned of the allegation last week. Notice of his court date was sent to the wrong address. Once Lathan learned of the warrant, he told his lawyers to contact the prosecutor immediately. The prosecutor agreed that the judge could cancel the warrant immediately, which he did. Lathan then appeared. in court at the earliest opportunity. Today the judge concluded he was safe to flee and did not place any bail. Lathan has pleaded not guilty because he is innocent. ‘he be exonerated. “
Lewis County District Attorney Jonathan Meyer also confirmed XXL that artist “Blueberry Faygo” appeared in court this week and that a sexual assault protection order has been put in place. Meyer also notes that Lil mosey has been scheduled for future court hearings, including an omnibus hearing – or a hearing where Mosey is to be present with his lawyers – on June 17 and a confirmation of the trial on July 8. His trial will begin the week of July 19.
As previously reported, the Washington native was charged with rape following an incident in a cabin in January 2020. The incident involved an alleged friend of Mosey named Francisco “Cisco” Prater and two women identified only by the initials MKJ and JMH to the court. documents.
The warrant Mosey’s lawyers refer to was issued for his arrest for his failure to appear in court last week. However, the warrant was rejected because the court hearing information was sent to an address where Mosey has not resided for five years, according to a report from The Chronicle Wednesday (April 28).
The report also notes that Mosey’s lawyers have requested that he be allowed to travel outside Washington to work in order to honor international tour dates already scheduled in Portugal, Canada and the United States for this year and 2022. The judge would have obliged their request.
“I will authorize the trip,” Judge James W. Lawler said. “It’s not like he can go and hide somewhere because that will make things worse.”
Lil moseyRymer’s attorneys also called for the 19-year-old rhymer’s trial date to be pushed back to January 2022, saying he would waive his right to a speedy trial, allowing attorneys to “track down witnesses” they “didn’t know about.” ‘existence”. before charges are laid. This particular request was rejected by the judge and deemed “premature”.
Besides Lil Mosey, another man, Francisco “Cisco” Prater, 19, is accused of raping one of the two women. The friends were identified in court documents as MKJ and JMHJMH admits to agreeing to consensual sex with Mosey in a car outside the cabin. Later, Prater allegedly carried JMH upstairs to the cabin and hit the woman’s head on something. JMH remembers being placed on a bed and losing consciousness. She woke up to Mosey above her, having sex with her. The woman claims she passed out again and woke up in Prate forcing his penis inside her. At that point, Mosey would have left the room.
Prater has yet to appear in court and there is a $ 50,000 arrest warrant.
Lil mosey was not 18 when the incident allegedly took place. He turned 18 on January 25, 2020. The Lewis County District Attorney’s Office waited 15 months to file a complaint against the rapper. Prater, on the other hand, was of legal age at the time of the incident. The victim was also of legal age at the time of the alleged rape.
See 22 police raids linked to hip-hop