According to a report by The daily beast On Monday, March 8, New York-based attorney Tyrone A. Blackburn, who is said to represent 11 of Tip and Tiny’s alleged accusers, claimed that after sending official letters to officials in California and Georgia calling for a criminal investigation against the couple, six other potential victims spoke out before the lawyer. The total now stands at 17 victims accusing Tiny and TI of shocking allegations.
“If I were a prosecutor I would have filed a complaint by now,” Blackburn told the newspaper.
The alleged accusers Blackburn currently represents claim to have been sexually assaulted, drugged or kidnapped by IT, Tiny or an associate of the couple. In addition, three other people, including a man, alleged that Tip and his R&B singer wife made “terrorist threats” against them.
“Mr. and Mrs. Harris’ actions span several states and justifications across the country,” Blackburn said in a statement to XXL. “Since Monday, my business has been detained by another survivor who has been drugged and trafficked by the Harris’ in Nevada, California and Florida for three days. All she wants is justice, and we have intend to fight us until she gets it. “
“It never really ends for my clients who have survived terrorist threats, sexual assault and abuse, and drugs,” he continued. “They live a life of mental and emotional turmoil, which has caused drug addiction, suicidal ideation and a heavy emotional toll on their families.”
“What makes these heinous acts of violence against these women so pernicious is that it is a manifestation of how Mr. and Mrs. Harris view and treat women and, in one case, a minor,” added Blackburn. “There is no other way to describe their behavior. The Harrises are a cancer in the community, and it is high time the law enforcement agencies end their reign of terror.”
“My clients and I are ready to [cooperate] with law enforcement and fight until the Harris is brought to justice, ”he concluded.
The latest news regarding TI and Tiny’s sexual assault allegations come just over a week after a report from The New York Times was released, claiming that Blackburn officially filed the letters in California and Georgia last month. The report also notes that the encounters the alleged victims shared were “eerily similar” and date back to 2005, and as recent as 2017 or 2018.
Famous lawyer Lisa Bloom has spoken out on the allegations against IT and Tiny too, sharing that she now represents two alleged victims.
The allegations against Tip and Tiny first surfaced in January after Atlanta-based entrepreneur Sabrina Peterson accused TI of firing a gun at her, which allegedly led many women to report to Peterson via social media with their stories about the celebrity couple.
TI has since denounced all allegations against him and his wife.
Their lawyer, Steven Sadow, also denied the allegations on behalf of Tip and Tiny.
“The Harrises continue to deny in the strongest terms these slanderous and unfounded accusations,” Sadow said. XXL in a statement this afternoon. “We are waiting for Blackburn to expose his anonymous accusers to the light of day, by revealing their names, so that we are able to face their allegations. By choosing instead to hijack the media for its own publicity and hide the identities of its customers from the public and from us, it is preventing us from doing so now. We expect that if complaints are fully and fairly investigated, no charges will be laid. “
The names of the victims have not been released.
Check out 21 hip-hop projects that fans were really excited about but never happened